We are very excited to welcome our newest couple Sarah and Aaron! Their September wedding is going to be so much fun next year. Their ceremony will be at St. Mary’s Cathedral Basilica with their reception at Drees Pavilion. It will be great to include Devou Park for photos. And I can’t wait for their engagement session!
Comments Off on Welcome Sarah and Aaron
Meet Oscar Henry who is named after his mother’s two Grandfathers. He is just too cute – all 10 pounds of him! Don’t you love his little rolls ? After holding him for a few minutes between poses I just didn’t want to let go of him. His brother Finlay (who is already very helpful) isn’t quite sure of what to do with a baby brother yet. I just know they will be fast friends! Congrats to Ginger and Jamie on the birth of their son!
Comments Off on Adorable Oscar
We are very excited to welcome Olivia and Hal as our newest couple! Their October wedding is going to be so much fun. They are transforming the barn on their family’s property into an amazing space. Hope Indiana is a wonderful backdrop and I am excited to see how everything comes together. And I can’t wait for their engagement session later this year!
Comments Off on Welcome to Olivia and Hal
I want to give a big welcome to our newest couple Melissa and Matt! We are very excited to photograph their wedding later this year! Their ceremony and reception will be at The Bell Event Centre downtown. And I can’t wait to photograph their engagement session this spring!
Comments Off on Welcome Melissa and Matt
Wedding Tip Wednesday: What questions should you ask wedding photographers? Below is a helpful list.
- Quality. Are you drawn to their images? Do you like their style on their website and blog? What does their recent work look like?
- How is their customer service? Did they call or email you right away?
- Passion. What is their favorite part of a wedding? What do they love about wedding photography?
- Price. Is their pricing in your range? How important is photography and how is that reflected in your budget? What is included?
- Do they offer what you want or are they willing to find it?
- Personality. You will be spending a lot of time together, are they someone you enjoy being around?
- Are they professional? What groups or organizations do they belong to? Do they have liability and equipment insurance?
- How long have they been photographing weddings? How many weddings have they photographed?
- Do they have professional gear and lots of backup equipment. (At the very least they should have multiple cameras for each photographer and many flashes.) Many newer photographers do not have the capital to invest in enough gear or replace gear if needed. Do they have additional lighting for dark situations (church formals or dark reception halls). What happens if they or their second shooter are ill on your day? Do they have a system in place to make sure there is someone there to photograph your day? Does their camera have dual card slots so that they have two cards with the photos on them? What is their backup process with the photos after they are taken?
- How long will it be before you see your wedding photos and professional wedding album? If the turnaround is too quick are they editing and processing the photos? Quality takes time but super long wait times are annoying. Where will your album and prints be printed?
- Do they offer an engagement session as a chance to get to know you as a couple? Will they customize your session to include your favorite park or a location that means something to the two of you?
- Ready to book? Be sure to sign a contract and have it in writing what your package includes. It can get confusing after talking to many different wedding professionals. A contract protects both parties and is a great reminder of what is included.
Comments Off on Wedding Tip Wednesday: What questions should you ask a wedding photographer?